Sleeping well literally changes your life. You remain calm, your mood uplifts, you feel fresh, and stay energetic and productive throughout the day. On the contrary, not sleeping can cause serious damage to your brain and body. Memory loss, loss of appetite, mood swings, and fatigue are some of the side effects. If you are at a growing age, then not sleeping well can also lead to disrupted bone growth, which will lead to a short height.
Things to keep in mind for a good sleep
Sleeping well requires a great mattress as well. Sleeping on hard mattresses can lead to body ache. It is always advisable to check the mattresses before buying them and see that they suit you. Peaceful sleep is nothing less than bliss. After mattresses, you need to take care of sheets and pillows. Pillows also need to be soft.
Sheets are a long topic; Cotton sheets should be used and here are the advantages of buying good sleeping sheets:
- It is a natural fiber and hence sustainable and good for the environment.
- The fabric allows you to breathe, when the weather is hot and humid, it keeps your body temperature low and pleasant and people with sensitive skin will not face the problems of itchiness and irritability.
- Cotton is a durable fabric, might seem an expensive purchase at first, but in the long run, will save you a lot.
- Unlike any other fabric, cotton sheets enhance with time and become more pleasant.
- These sheets are so light that you are bound to get a good sleep throughout the night.
- On the cleaning side as well, these bedsheets are so light, that are easy to wash and clean sheets always mean better sleep.
Cotton sheets are undoubtedly the best choice, but the only thing to keep in mind is to buy them from good sources. There are a lot of counterfeit products available in the market, so it is important to check that the fabric is pure, and not polycotton or some other mixed fabric. Another thing to consider is the size of your bedding, get queen size sheets if you have a double bed, and so on. If sheets do not match the bed size, then there is no point, because you will always struggle to keep it in one place. It will always keep shifting. A lot of online sites now sell pure cotton fabrics, you can consider those. If not, you can always buy from the trusted local retailers.